Description: Two patterns in one - you choose which one you would like to make from this kit! Create your one of a kind stranded Stocking or Hat by personalizing your color palette, and then choosing your favorite colorwork motifs from the library of charts included in the pattern. No two projects will be alike!
- Stocking: The traditional size of a Christmas Stocking is that of a child's sock, hung by the fireplace in hopes of collecting a treat from the Big Red Dude. This stocking design takes us back toward the traditional - it's perfectly sized to hold holiday treasures such as a bottle of wine, Belgian chocolates, or diamonds, but is not so big as to appear greedy. The Winter Funderland Stocking is worked at 20 sts per 4 inches on recommended US Size 7 needles, and is approximately 12" in circumference and 20" long.
- Hat: Add some color to your Winter accessory wardrobe with this hat design that allows you to customize the overall look. The Hat is worked at 22 sts per 4 inches on recommended US Size 6 needles, and is written for three sizes: Toddler, Child, and Adult.
- Four balls of Sock-aholic Brewski yarn in your choice of colors (each ball is 48 to 50g). This is more than enough yarn to make EITHER the Stocking or Hat project.
- A pair of colorful glass project stitch markers to commemorative that you've caught the Colorwork Bug!
- The Winter Funderland Stocking and Hat pattern by Wendy Gaal in pdf - with options for hard copy and/or Ravelry Library copy.
- Stocking: One Size. Circumference approx. 12 inches. Hanging Length approx. 20 inches.
- Hat: Three Circumferences: Toddler 15-16" (Child 17-19", Adult 20-22")
Yarn Requirements: Knitters Brewing Sock-aholic®Brewski, 100% Superwash Merino, 190 yds (100g) per skein
- Stocking: Approximately 260 - 300 yards, distributed among four colors.
- Hat: Approximately 190 - 210 yards, distributed among four colors.
Needles and Gauge:
- Stocking: 20 sts = 4" in Colorwork Stockinette Stitch (exact gauge is not important) using recommended US Size 7 needles
- Hat: 22 sts = 4" in Colorwork Stockinette Stitch using recommended US Size 6 needles
Sock-aholic® Brewski is dyed by hand at our brewery using a wonderfully soft 4-ply Luxury Worsted Yarn made from 100% Fine Merino Superwash. Each skein contains 190 yards, and knits at a gauge of 5-6 stitches per inch using size 5-7 needles. This yarn is soft as a cloud, yet durable enough to make fabulous garments that you'll want to wear right next to your skin.
This yarn may be machine washed in cool water using a gentle cycle and mild detergent. Roll in a towel to remove excess water (do not twist or wring), and lay flat to dry away from direct sunlight.